Burn injuries from a fire, explosion, chemicals, electrical shock or a construction accident can leave physical and psychological scars that last a lifetime. Skin is an organ that interacts with other organs throughout the body. A serious burn can cause medical problems that affect the functioning of vital organs attempting to compensate for the physical damage to the body.
While many local and national resources are available to help burn injury victims, these victims and their families face formidable obstacles, including staggering medical costs, the inability to earn a living and emotional suffering. Without legal representation, the burn injury victim may not receive all of the compensation he or she deserves.
Representation in Burn Injury Claims
I am Ira Maurer, an attorney with extensive experience representing people in burn injury cases. I work tirelessly to help my clients get full and complete compensation for all losses. My firm represents clients in all types of negligent burn injury cases, including those involving:
- Thermal burns caused by fire or heat
- Electrical burns
- Chemical burns
- Inhalation burns caused by ingestion of hot air or gases
- Radiation burns caused by excessive exposure in tanning booths or during X-rays or cancer treatment
- Friction burns caused by motorcycle accidents (road rash)
In one significant case, Ira Maurer obtained a $1.25 million settlement during trial for a New Jersey Transit employee who suffered second- and third-degree burns on the arms, shoulders and chest in a high-voltage electrical accident.
Medical Care and Compensation for Burn Injury Victims
Burn injuries can have complex effects on skin, muscles, nerves, tendons and other organs. As your lawyer, I will work closely with your physician or other burn experts to understand your medical needs, including long-term care, rehabilitation services, scar revision surgery and psychological counseling. I will seek full compensation for these needs as well as lost income, pain and suffering and other losses.
I can represent you in burn injury cases involving:
- First-degree burns — Burns affecting the first layer of skin.
- Second-degree burns — Superficial partial-thickness burns to the first and second layers of skin and deep partial-thickness burns that injure deeper skin layers.
- Third-degree burns — That injure all the skin layers and tissue under the skin.
- Fourth-degree burns — Burns injuring muscle, tendons, nerves, blood vessels and bones.
If you are searching for an experienced injury lawyer in or around Poughkeepsie or Fishkill, NY, please contact The Maurer Law Firm by calling 845-896-5295 to schedule a free consultation with attorney Ira M. Maurer.