FREE consultations by telephone or by internet video conferencing are now available.
Fishkill Injury Attorney Serving Wappingers Falls, Beacon, Lagrangeville and Nearby Areas of Hudson Valley
When you have been involved in a significant car accident, you are likely to be in shock and unable to think clearly. Yet, this is the time when you need to make good decisions. I highly recommend that people keep an accident checklist in their glove compartments to ensure that they take care of every thing that is important. The checklist should include:
1. Call the police immediately;
2. Avoid getting into arguments with the drivers of other vehicles involved in the accident;
3. If you are able, take pictures of the accident scene and vehicles involved in the accident;
4. Obtain the names, addresses and telephone numbers of any eyewitnesses to the accident;
5. Give the police an accurate description of what happened;
6. Tell the police you wish to be taken to the hospital if you are injured, and if you are not sure if you need to, go to the hospital;
7. Call your own insurance company to promptly report the accident, obtain a No-Fault claim number and request a No-Fault benefits application form;
8. Do not give a statement to the other driver’s insurance company;
9. Make a follow-up appointment to see a doctor as soon as possible;
10. Call Ira M. Maurer at The Maurer Law Firm, PLLC (845-896-5295) to schedule a FREE, in-depth consultation.