FREE consultations by telephone or by internet video conferencing are now available.
Fishkill Injury Attorney Serving Wappingers Falls, Beacon, Lagrangeville and Nearby Areas of Hudson Valley
Posted: August 15, 2022
Rear-end crashes are one of the most common types of crashes on the road. They can happen when you least expect them and have serious consequences.
Our client was involved in a motor vehicle accident when the car she was a passenger in was rear-ended by another vehicle. Her body suffered severe injuries as a result of the accident. With the help of our motor vehicle accident attorneys in Fishkill, she got the compensation she deserved and is now on the road to recovery. Our team is pleased to report that we resolved her claim without needing to file suit for the full amount of the policy.
At Maurer Law Firm, our attorneys have extensive experience handling all types of accidents, including cars, trucks, and motorcycles. Car accident victims face several challenges, which is why we commit to fighting for the justice and compensation they deserve.
How Should You Respond If You are in a Rear-End Crash?
There are a few things you should do if you are involved in a rear-end collision to ensure your safety and the safety of others, including:
- Move your vehicle. If you can, move your vehicle to the side of the road to prevent further accidents.
- Check on yourself and the occupants. Once you are out of harm’s way, you should check yourself and any passengers for injuries.
- Call 911. If anyone is injured, call 911 immediately.
- Exchangeinformation. If everyone is okay, you should exchange information with the other driver, including insurance information.
- Take pictures. You should also take pictures of the damage to both vehicles.
- Contact your insurance. Once you have gathered all the necessary information, you should report the accident to your insurance company.
- Get legal help. If you’ve suffered injuries in a rear-end car accident, you should contact a lawyer specializing in car accident cases.
Following these steps will help you ensure your safety and the safety of others involved in the accident.
We’re Here to Help
Were you a victim of a rear-end collision? Our team is here to assist you. To help our clients tell their stories, we use state-of-the-art video technology. Contact Maurer Law Firm in Fishkill, NY, directly at 845-896-5295.