FREE consultations by telephone or by internet video conferencing are now available.
Fishkill Injury Attorney Serving Wappingers Falls, Beacon, Lagrangeville and Nearby Areas of Hudson Valley
Posted: September 15, 2022
National Preparedness Month is a great time to assess your risks for personal injuries and take steps to protect yourself and your family. Here are some tips on how to do just that:
What is National Preparedness Month?
National Preparedness Month is an annual campaign that urges Americans to take steps to prepare for the unexpected. The campaign runs throughout September and focuses on four key areas: family, home, business, and community.
Preparing for emergencies is vital to keeping our families and communities safe. National Preparedness Month is a great time to start planning and preparing for whatever unexpected event may come our way.
What Are Some Personal Injuries That Can Occur During a Disaster?
Natural disasters can cause various personal injuries, ranging from minor cuts and bruises to more serious injuries like broken bones and concussions. In some cases, people can even be killed.
Some of the most common personal injuries that occur during disasters include:
- Cuts and bruises from flying debris
- Broken bones from falling debris or being hit by flying debris
- Concussions from being hit by flying debris or falling debris
- Internal bleeding from being hit by flying debris or falling debris
- Electrocution from downed power lines
- Exposure to harmful chemicals or toxins
- Injuries from fires
How Can You Protect Yourself From Personal Injuries During a Disaster?
1. Know your environment. Be aware of your surroundings and identify potential hazards.
2. Make a plan. Have an emergency plan in place in case you are injured.
3. Stay informed. Know what to do in case of an emergency, and be sure to stay up-to-date on medical news and information.
4. Be prepared. If you suffer an injury, have the supplies you need on hand.
5. Seek medical attention. If you are injured, get to a doctor or hospital as soon as possible.
6. Follow up. After you have been seen by a medical professional, make sure to follow their instructions for care and recovery.
Schedule a Consultation
If you have suffered an injury, you should seek legal guidance. You can get legal help if you want compensation for your injuries with the help of a Fishkill, NY, personal injury attorney. Contact us at 845-896-5295 to schedule a consultation.