Homeowners and business operators who host visitors after dark are expected to provide adequate lighting to offer a reasonable level of safety for guests, visitors and customers on their property. If lighting is not adequate to illuminate potential hazards, or provides a safe haven for muggers and robbers lying in wait, the property owner can be found liable for financial damages resulting from an injury or wrongful death.
Know Your Rights on an Unsafe Property
I am personal injury attorney Ira Maurer. For more than 30 years, I have successfully represented clients in personal injury insurance litigation matters and trials. I am proud of my record of recovering millions of dollars in insurance settlements and jury verdicts on behalf of my clients.
Call my office if you suffered an injury because of:
- Burned out lights in a parking lot or parking ramp
- Retail lights off because of a power failure, without backup generator lighting
- Facility staff turned off lights prematurely, while the crowd was still exiting the arena
- Assault injuries because areas of the property were not adequately illuminated for public safety
- Slip-and-fall sidewalk or ice and snow injury because of unsafe lighting conditions
- Any other injury resulting from insufficient lighting
Personalized, Responsive and Flexible
I represent clients with serious injuries. I have the legal and financial resources to take your case from initial investigation, through the final outcome at the settlement table or trial. I won't promise you the world and then ask you to accept an inadequate settlement. I know the legal issues and I know how to present a clear case for damages.
You can count on my experience to simplify the litigation process for you and to ensure that you have a dedicated law firm fighting for your legal rights. Most important, I will keep you well-informed about your case and work tirelessly to obtain the maximum possible compensation for your injuries.
From offices in Fishkill, The Maurer Law Firm, PLLC, represents people injured in accidents caused by inadequate lighting in communities. To schedule a free consultation with our experienced injury attorney, please contact The Maurer Law Firm by calling 845-896-5295.