Private businesses and municipalities that operate public parking ramps or parking lots in New York have a legal responsibility to keep the property maintained and clear of hazards that put the public in danger. In the event of an injury resulting from an accident or slip-and-fall in a parking lot, the property owner may be held liable for damages if the injury victim is able to show that negligence was a cause of the accident.
To find out if you have an injury case, please call The Maurer Law Firm at 845-896-5295 for a free consultation.
What to Do After Suffering a Parking Lot Slip-and-Fall Injury
If you are injured in a parking lot accident on a business property or in a municipal parking ramp, there are some important steps you can take to start protecting your rights immediately, including:
- Call the police and give an accurate report of what happened.
- Inform the property manager of the accident.
- Record as much information as possible about circumstances of the accident.
- Obtain digital photographs of the condition that cause your accident as soon as possible.
- Seek medical treatment, even if you do not think you are seriously injured.
- Obtain a copy of the accident report from the police.
- Make arrangements for a consultation with an experienced personal injury lawyer.
- DO NOT try to negotiate a settlement with the property owner or their insurance company.
My law firm has a successful record of success in New York premises liability cases such as:
- Parking lot and parking ramp injuries
- Sidewalk accidents
- Ice and snow pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle and scooter accidents
- Injuries from assault, negligent security
- Inadequate lighting
- Improper guardrails
- Stairwell accidents
- Elevator and escalator accidents
- Playground, park and recreation accidents
If you or a loved one was injured in a parking lot accident, please contact The Maurer Law Firm to schedule a free consultation with our experienced Fishkill injury attorney.