The Lawyer You Hire Will Make a Difference in the Compensation You Get
Private businesses and municipalities that operate public parking ramps or parking lots in New York have a legal responsibility to keep the property maintained and clear of hazards that put the public in danger. In the event of an injury resulting from an accident or slip-and-fall in a parking lot, the property owner may be held liable for damages if the injury victim is able to show that negligence was a cause of the accident. To find out if you have an injury case, please call The Maurer Law Firm at (845) 896-5295.
Free Consultation · No Attorneys' Fees if You Don't Recover Money Damages
If you were injured in an accident in a parking lot or parking ramp in a community in the New York City Metro region, contact The Maurer Law Firm, PLLC, right away. I provide more than three decades of experience in all types of premises liability litigation matters and have won more than 1,000 settlements and trials involving serious personal injury claims.
What to Do After Suffering a Parking Lot Slip-and-Fall Injury
If you are injured in a parking lot accident on a business property or in a municipal parking ramp, there are some important steps you can take to start protecting your rights immediately, including:
- Call the police and give an accurate report of what happened.
- Inform the property manager of the accident.
- Record as much information as possible about circumstances of the accident.
- Obtain digital photographs of the condition that cause your accident as soon as possible.
- Seek medical treatment, even if you do not think you are seriously injured.
- Obtain a copy of the accident report from the police.
- Make arrangements for a consultation with an experienced personal injury lawyer.
- DO NOT try to negotiate a settlement with the property owner or their insurance company.
My law firm has a successful record of success in New York premises liability cases, such as:
- Parking lot and parking ramp injuries
- Sidewalk accidents
- Ice and snow pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle and scooter accidents
- Injuries from assault, negligent security
- Inadequate lighting
- Improper guardrails
- Stairwell accidents
- Elevator and escalator accidents
- Playground, park and recreation accidents
If you or a loved one was injured in a parking lot accident, please contact The Maurer Law Firm to schedule a free consultation with our experienced Fishkill injury attorney.