Talk to an Experienced Vehicle Injury Attorney Today
Under New York's no-fault car insurance law, if you are injured in a car accident, your insurance company is responsible for paying up to $50,000 of your medical expenses for lost earnings and other costs associated with the injuries, regardless of who caused the accident.
Typically, you will be able to recover monetary damages from the at-fault driver and the owner of the vehicle. If the other driver is working at the time of the accident, the employer may also be liable to you. If the at-fault driver was served alcohol by an establishment in violation of New York law, the bar or restaurant may share liability for compensating you for your injuries as well.
Personal Injury Services for the Hudson Valley and Metropolitan New York City
My offices in Fishkill are centrally located to represent clients in personal injury matters in communities throughout the Hudson Valley region and the New York City metro area.
If you were injured or lost a loved one in a car accident in New York, don't talk to an insurance adjuster until you get straight answers from an experienced New York personal injury trial lawyer. I am attorney Ira M. Maurer of Fishkill, New York. For more than 30 years, I have been fighting on behalf of people who are seeking legitimate compensation for injuries caused by another driver's negligence or misconduct on the road. As a result of my record of verdicts and settlements, I have earned recognition as a lifetime member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. I have represented clients in complex cases that are cited as precedent by other trial lawyers and judges involved in personal injury litigation.
Free Consultation · No Attorneys' Fees if You Don't Recover Money Damages
To qualify for a No-Fault claim, you must file a No-Fault application form. Filing the application does not mean you are obligated to accept a settlement from your insurance company. Your health insurance coverage may not cover your medical treatment for a car accident claim. Filing a no-fault application protects your rights to pursue a claim for treatment and other financial damages.
TWO IMPORTANT TIPS FOR FILING BENEFIT CLAIMS UNDER CURRENT NEW YORK INSURANCE RULES:
1) To claim no-fault benefits, you must send a Notice of Accident form (the NF-2) to the insurer of the car you were in when the accident occurred. Pedestrians should still send it to the insurer of the vehicle that hit them. But now you get only 30 calendar days after the accident to send this notice, down from 90 days previously.
2) If you are claiming lost earnings, make sure your employer sends proof to the insurer on time. Another change affects filing for lost earnings benefits. Basic no-fault coverage entitles you to receive 80% of your accident-related lost earnings for up to $2,000 a month paid over a maximum of three years. Under the previous regulation, there was no specific time period for when your employer had to send the insurer proof of your wages, disability and loss of income. Now the employer must do so within 90 days of the accident. If you are claiming lost earnings, you may need to hound your boss to get this information to the insurer on time. Remember, it's you, not your employer, who is penalized for missing this new deadline.
Dutchess County Car Accident Attorney
- Passenger injuries
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents
- Accidents on dangerous roadways, construction zones
- Parking ramp and parking lot injuries
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
Facts Are Important, But Not as Important as the Relationship We Build
I believe that your family has suffered enough after a car accident injury or wrongful death. You deserve an attorney who is attentive to your questions and concerns. Over the next several months, while your case is progressing, I will keep you fully involved and fully informed about what to expect. I promise to earn your trust and respect. When the time comes to make an important decision about your settlement or going to trial, you will know exactly what the short- and long-term consequences will be. Whatever the outcome of your case may be, I will keep working to make sure you receive the quality representation and sound legal advice you need and deserve.
Middletown Auto Crash Lawyer
From offices in Fishkill, The Maurer Law Firm, PLLC, represents clients injured in car accidents in communities throughout the Central Hudson Valley region and the New York City metro area. Call me at 845-440-1172 or toll free at 866-534-7013 or contact me by e-mail to arrange a free consultation.